A Doc's Life is a underground Medical Blog about some poor Singapore doctors. They are sibei sian and very buay song. Best practices not observed!
(Warning: Grammar is non existent in this blog. Those obsessively compulsive about good English please go no further and book an appointment to see your psychiatrist in Singapore.)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Boh Liao National Day


With no work today, I made my way to the Expo for the book sales. I had bought some book shelves from the IKEA sales and its seemed like I overestimated the number of medical books I had. Hahaha, most were "photostapped" and I threw them away to respect copyright.

It wasn't really crowded but as it is National Day, Singaporeans decided to celebrate by continuing with their usual kiasu ways. Every now and then there will be these aunties who squeezed next to me and starts fumbling the books I just looked through..... bloody irritating!

Before I knew it, I was at the health section. (what the heck you doing??? can't you take a proper break???) And I picked up this bright yellow book.... Prostate Cancer for Dummies. Wah lau, people get cancer liao still call them dummies. I'll be a real dummy if I ever bought this book. Otherwise there was nothing really interesting, Atkins for Life, Homeopathy to Cure Everything Under the Sun, Tai chi chi King..... Had i wondered off to the Fiction section??? My god no wonder I have patients thinking that by just living on carbo alone, his body will heal himself and he can attain the way of the tao to meet tai chi Zhang San Fong!

The rest of the book sales was filled with unwanted book from unknown authors. Some really left me wondering what their mental state were when they wrote these books.....like the saying goes 作戲人 siao, 看戲人 gong. Here it is 寫書人 siao, 讀書人 gong, publisher siao and also gong.

My main aim was to buy some cheapo hardcover books with nice covers (told you its all just for decoration). I came across this one called Diagnosis. Nice little black cover, hehe looks cool on my shelf. The strange thing is that the one with missing skin is going for $8 but the one with the skin intact was only $7. DOH!

3 comments:

  1. see if you can pick a copy of Gray's Anatomy for $5. I found a hardcopy version at Knowledge Book Store at BBC many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u know when the book sales will end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ended today liao leh

    ReplyDelete